Strangely woke up this morning with the NightMoves' song "TransDance" in my head so I decided to take on my cheapy mixtable, some discs hanging around and tried to queue them up in the best way I could. Here's the result, hope you'll enjoy :
1. Gerd Michaelis Chor : Schön fängt Jede Liebe An (1969)
3. Theoretical Girl : The Hypocrite (2008)
4. Elsa Leroy : Mieux vaut tard que jamais (1965)
5. Cocoanut Groove : The End of the Summer on
6. Jens Lekman : Sipping on the sweet Nectar (Bogdan Irkuk Mix – 2008)
7. Beaumont : Discothèque à la carte (2001)
8. NightMoves : Transdance (1981)
9. Little Boots : Stuck on Repeat (2008)
Epilogue : Carol & Snowy Red : So low (1981)
Comet Gain : Love without Lies 7" (Twee as Fuck)
B. Books of California
Released in collaboration with "What's Your Rupture" almost in the same time than the -sort of - new album, this single has galvanized the birth of a so called "Twee As Fuck" label, related to the well-known London Club nights. Opportunism or pure fan devotion ? Don't know what to think about it except both songs are leaving a black imprint deep in my head ! Mission accomplished...
Erik Wikström : Marathon / Autonight EP (Feed Recordings)
Prepare for some hypnotic scandisconavian killer tunes here from Mr Wikström, who already mixed The Embassy and Tough Alliance under the monikers of Meatboys. Simply imagine Lindström meeting Lil' Louis. Worth bending your knees, clapping and shouting!!
=> get it HERE
Aldemaro Romero and his Onda Nueva : S/T (CBS Columbia 1972 -Sony Japan 2001)
-"What about you & me appearing on Pop 'n Cherries, honey ?"
-"Are you kidding ?"
-"Not at all ! They gonna feature A. Romero's 1972 classy album... you know, the one in English with 'It's impossible', 'Bluesette', 'Venezuela' and 'Sunrise, Sunset' remember ?
-"Tchou bou tchou bou tchou bou tchou bou tchou bou tchou bou tchoouu..."